Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default Can you guys get your teen kids to work with you around thehouse?

On 04/07/2016 01:12 AM, Harold R wrote:

snip

What motivates them, and what life skills do they lack?

One is on the computer 24/7 and the other is on the phone
24/7. One kills aliens day after day after day, while the
other fusses over her hair and nails and clothes.

Typical stuff. Very typical stuff.

My kid grew up a lot better than I did but we did go through an
interesting phase.

I gave her a small allowance for doing chores around the house.

One day, she stopped doing the chores, so rather than get in a huge
fight with her, I just stopped giving her the allowance.

All was fine for about a year...then one day she told me that her
friends get an allowance...and she wondered why she did not.

I reminded her of the reason and we never had a problem with that since.