Posted to uk.d-i-y
Terry Casey Terry Casey is offline

Default House move: Trades/Craftsmen recommendations, Lincoln area

In article ,
says...

Your surveyor has been listing items to use in asking for a discount but the points raised are trivial. An electrical inspection and report will determine whether or not the electrical system actually needs attention. Although rewireable fuses have largely been superceded by circuit breakers there is nothing in the regulations to prevent their use to this day.
If you take up ARWs offer he will be able to advise you further.

Yes, the report makes several references to 'routine maintenance', etc., and
I've only picked out those of particular concern to us

The felt doesn't sound like a big job to fix and unless the damp course is bridged I wouldn't give it a second thought.
Do remember you are asking in a diy newsgroup. We tend not to use contractors so can't recommend.

However, from following this group from time to time over the years, I'm
aware that not everyone here is speaking from a diy viewpoint - ARW being a
prime example - and anybody actively pursuing diy interests tends to find out
who the local cowboys are!

--

Terry