Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill Gill Bill Gill is offline

Default (OT) Do they have "American Cheese" on other continents?

On 4/6/2016 1:55 PM, dadiOH wrote:
Another I no longer see - even though it is still made - is brick cheese.
My father used to get cheese (brick?) in wooden boxes about 3"x3"x12" (same
size as the 3# Kraft American cardboard box) but I haven't seen those in
many decades.

Ah! The good old cheese box. The one I am thinking about came in a
little wooden box. We ate the cheese, but then the box was available
for all sorts of projects. A lot of people built electronic gadgets
with the cheese box as a base. You could cut holes in one side for
the tube sockets and put the wiring and other components inside it.

Bill