Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_12_] Graham.[_12_] is offline

Default House move: Trades/Craftsmen recommendations, Lincoln area

On Wed, 6 Apr 2016 19:24:02 +0100, Terry Casey
wrote:

We are hoping to buy a 2 bedroomed bungalow on the outskirts of Lincoln and
are looking for recommendations for trades/craftsmen in the local area to
carry out detailed inspections and provide quotations for all essential
works.

We need someone to carry out an inspection of the electrical system. I had
assumed that the CU was an old Wylex or similar unit fitted with cartridge
fuse-holders but the surveyor says they are rewire-able! It is unlikely to
have an up to date electrical safety certificate!

I can't recall ever seeing a domestic CU with cartridge fuses. Were
they ever popular?

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%