Posted to alt.home.repair
Unquestionably Confused Unquestionably Confused is offline

Default How to 'extend' radiator pipes after tiling bathroom

On 4/5/2016 6:08 AM, wrote:
On Monday, 17 September 2012 03:35:33 UTC+1, wrote:
On Sep 16, 9:24 pm, Tom wrote:
We have hot water radiant heat in our house. After having our bathroom re-tiled, the radiator now sits 3/8" higher than previously so the two pipes coming out of the floor are 3/8" too short. I cannot remove the 3/4" steel pipes, because I do not have access to the other ends. A male/female coupling extends the pipe too much (about an inch) and I do not want to put the radiator up on blocks. I also do not want to cut the legs of the radiator to shorten it. Is it possible to cut the threads off of the supply and return pipes and place a brass (or steel) fitting on the end that is a compression fitting for a 1" OD pipe and has a 3/4" NPT fitting on the other end?

Didn't you forsee this problem when you contracted to have the floor
retiled? A competent tile person should have warned you of this
problem.

Obviously this person didn't, so why do you make a ridiculous comment like this? To make yourself feel better?

And your reason for chiming in on a 3½ year old post is? Feel better
now? g