Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The physics of cars - a question sequence.

Just to see if I was missing something that others found so obvious, I
asked this question on a forum designated to engine building and tuning,
etc.

'At what point on an engines output do you get maximum acceleration?'

And the answers were near unanimous. Peak torque.

I'll take the views of those guys over the bar room mechanics here any day.

If they meant maximum *engine* acceleration, I'd have to agree with
them. But if they meant maximum *vehicle* acceleration, they clearly
haven't understood the question!
--
Cheers,
Roger