Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The physics of cars - a question sequence.

In article ,
Roger Mills wrote:
Care to explain why a CVT holds the engine at maximum torque, then?

I'm not aware that it does. If I were to design one, it certainly
wouldn't!

But then you're obviously not into car design. ;-)

When did you last design a car? The work we did a Rover a few decades
ago on the Perbury transmission (a derivative of the earlier Austin
Hayes transmission) certainly aimed to run the engine at max power for
max acceleration.

A very successful concept, obviously.

Read the first paragraph of this. ;-)

http://www.austinmemories.com/styled-23/index.html

I've no idea what Daf did with the belt drive system.

I've told you.

--
*Remember: First you pillage, then you burn.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.