Posted to alt.home.repair

Default If torsion spring breaks on metal garage door

Don Y wrote:
On 4/4/2016 10:22 AM, wrote:
What if you have both Springs broke. How do I open my door?

Get some extra muscle!

If all else fails, you can isolate each individual panel
(beginning with the topmost) and raise each separately.
I.e., the opposite of when the door is assembled/installed.

Do *not* play with the torsion springs! You are likely
to lose a finger (or three).

Bull**** . With reasonable caution and the PROPER tools most handy men can
replace tham . One caveat - tension both sprinngs at the same time ,
alternating between them to avoid problems caused by the tension rod being
twisted by spring torque .

--
Snag