Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The physics of cars - a question sequence.

And the point you and plowperson refuse to accept is that you will get
more thrust at the contact patch by running the engine at peak power and
using a deeper reduction ratio, than at peak (engine) torque with less
reduction ratio.

Mr Plowman refuses to accept that. I don't and never have. I've always
said you need to run the engine at peak power.

Again I challenge you to quote anything I've said which suggests otherwise.
--
Cheers,
Roger