Posted to rec.woodworking
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default Raspberry Pi Case

krw writes:
On Fri, 01 Apr 2016 13:43:02 GMT, (Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

krw writes:
On Thu, 31 Mar 2016 15:28:05 -0500, Markem
wrote:

On Thu, 31 Mar 2016 07:56:37 -0500, Leon wrote:

John McCoy wrote:
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in news:RZadnZ9w85XqcWbLnZ2dnUU7-
:

Nope, in a sealed speaker the same amount of air is in the enclosure
regardless if the speaker cone is moving in or out.

Not to beat a dead horse, but you are the one confused.
Go look up Boyle's Law on Wikipedia.

John

Regardless, boules law has nothing to do with a speaker working correctly
whether it is ported or whether it is an air suspension/acoustical style
speaker.
Your earlier comments indicated that speakers had to be ported to equalize
air pressure on both sides of the speaker unless the enclosure was large
and the speakers were small. That simply is not true.

On a tangent, spent a lot of time playing with speakers. Trying to
determine best sound that could be had out of plastic enclosures. For
our application unported was our only option. This was for a
teleconferencing system, Bose though figured out that with tuned
porting you can make ****ty cheap speakers sound stupendous.

Tuned Porting: "No highs. No lows. ...must be Bose."

I tend to prefer speakers without a cabinet, e.g. maggies.

http://www.magnepan.com/model_MMG

You will need a subwoofer.

(I'd love to have these: http://www.magnepan.com/model_MG_207)

"Maggies"? You mean "electro-statics"?

FYI - 'e.g.' is an abbreviation that means 'for example'.