Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] cl@isbd.net is offline

Default AAA/AA NiMh battery capacity meter - has anyone seen such a thing?

RJH wrote:
On 03/04/2016 19:58, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 03 Apr 2016 14:39:40 +0100, pamela wrote:

snip

snip

LED flashes red "Error" - faulty battery or alkaline battery
detected

Duff. ;-)

I've managed to 'kick start' error reading AA/AAA batteries using a
cheap 'dumb' charger. Batteries seem to recover fine. I think they
discharge to such a point that the smart charger can't do anything with
them?

In fact I've successfully done this when the smart charger failed with a
car battery recently.

I have two (sometimes three) chargers of varying degrees of smartness,
they all use deltaV to detect full charge. I often find that some
batteries won't start charging in one charger but will start in
another, the trouble is that there's no consistency as to which
charger works.

--
Chris Green
ยท