Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Refreshing Tanalised timber

On Sat, 02 Apr 2016 08:28:40 +0100, Chris J Dixon wrote:

grumpy old man
Once upon a time I would have reached for a can of Solignum or
Cuprinol, but these days I guess it is all pastel coloured stuff
that would be safe to drink. /grumpy old man

Have a look at the ingredients list of Cuprinol 5* Wood Presever.
ISTR hefty amounts of zinc componds(*). I don't think you'll be able
to get the proper "tanalising" stuff, as that is (should be) based on
CCA (chromated copper arsenate).

(*) Looks like they've buggered about with that as well. Pretty sure
the can I have is solvent (kerosene like) based with zinc compounds.
Current stuff is water based with propiconazole and cypermethrin.

The other three cuprinol wood preservers contain
3-iodo-2-propynyl-n-butyl carbamate and propiconazole. WTF are they?

--
Cheers
Dave.