Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Choose: Trump or Cruze ?

On Sunday, April 3, 2016 at 6:08:52 PM UTC-4, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per rbowman:
If you believe the polls, only Kasich has a chance and it will take some
intriguing to make him the nominee.

Kasich is the only one who I have not heard say anything so crazy that I
would have to sit down and figure out whether he actually believes it or
is just pandering to "The Base".

What I am hearing so far here is that Cruz is marginally less unlikable
than Clinton.... and that does seems kind of weak to me.

Clinton is by no means likeable - but at least she isn't saying crazy
stuff

She thinks that with her track record of failure as sec of state,
she's the most qualified to be president. That's about as crazy
as it gets. Or how about what she won't say, eg "Islamic terrorists"?
"Illegal aliens"? She thinks more of the same policies of the past
7 years will produce different results with another 4 or 8. That's
pretty insane.

like we ought to reneg on international agreements when the
presidency changes (e.g. Iran nuclear)

I don't see anyone saying we should renege on all international agreements,
just that bad one in particular. But I would agree that Cruz is wrong to say
that he would just abandon it on day one. It's a bad deal that never should
have been made. But Jan 2017, Iran will already have gotten what they
wanted, ie trade sanctions lifted, $150 bil returned, etc. What we have
left to get are inspections and compliance. While it's a very bad agreement,
I don't see any upside to cancelling it, ie what we have to gain at that
point. It's going to be nearly impossible to get our allies on board
with new trade sanctions, etc. In reality, I think when Cruz gets together
with his foreign policy and national security team, that's one campaign
promise that's likely to go out the window.