Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] cl@isbd.net is offline

Default AAA/AA NiMh battery capacity meter - has anyone seen such a thing?

polygonum wrote:
On 01/04/2016 17:00, wrote:
I have lots of AAA and AA NiMh batteries which have been through quite
a lot of discharge/recharge cycles. I have a tester which tells me if
they're charged or not but I'd really like to check their actual
capacity. Some of the AAA ones at least have very little capacity now
but it's difficult to check.

I could rig up a simple resistor discharge with some sort of computer
monitoring via an AtoD interface but surely someone out there must
produce and sell such a thing for not very much.

Has anyone come across anything like this?

How I wish someone would come up with a charger that had extendible
bays. By which I mean you could add on any number of very simple cell
holders. The charger would look at the first set of cells, do whatever
and go on to the next set.

That would allow you to have all your rechargeable cells nicely stored
and kept at whatever charge level, discharge cycling rate, etc. you
might want. Might need some way of indicating which cells are being
processed right now, etc., but surely nothing particularly clever.

Sure it would still only charge up to four at a time - but that is
enough for many of us!

There are 10 bay chargers around which don't cost all that much.

--
Chris Green
ยท