Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default AAA/AA NiMh battery capacity meter - has anyone seen such athing?

On 03/04/2016 11:11, pamela wrote:
On 19:18 1 Apr 2016, T i m wrote:

On Fri, 1 Apr 2016 18:56:43 +0100, wrote:

snip

I think mine is a 'BC 700' although they may appear under
different names.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/La-Crosse-Technology-Battery-
Charger/dp/B000RSOV50
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tynI28X7M_Y

I think 7DayShop have the Uniross which I believe is the same
hardware. It's much cheaper there, £18.99.

Yes, sorry, I didn't spot the price of that one till I looked
again! Yes, the Uniross seems to do the same sort of thing but
goes to higher currents.

This is the sort of thing I've got:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/hmkmmj3

But it too could be an 'uprated' version as I got mine a while
ago now.

I bought one for a good mate who was regularly 'cooking' his
batteries on a rapid charger and he uses his every day (but
really just as a good charger).

Cheers, T i m

That charger looks like a bargain at £20.

Would it be worth getting that unit if you already have the Lidl
Tronic charger?

Yes, I'd be interested to know - I've got the Tronic too.

It's based on the Ansmann Energy 8 Plus.

Didn't know that!

http://www.ansmann.de/en/products/ch...plies/battery-
chargers/energy-8-plus

Is the battery capacity readout of Tim's useful/accurate?

--
Cheers, Rob