Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Portable compressed air tank

wrote:

G-Mac:

I bought mine at the local NAPA. Red, about 22"L
by 11" high, holds max. 125PSI, enough for replacing
air in our cars during fall & winter when they lose
pressure to cold temps. The garage renting the
space to one side lets me fill it 1-2x per year, and
their machine dutifully gets it up to 110-115lbs PSI.
(that last 10psi takes the longest, naturally!).

Most gas station courtesy hoses around here
cannot put more than 80psi into it, so they remain
as backup sources. Someday I will stop this tank
nonsense and just buy a small electric compressor.

I have a portable compressor from Harbor Freight, and a 240 VAC 60
gallon industrial compressor and tank in my garage. If I cant reach
something with 100 feet of air hose, I use the portable compressor. I
like to clean the dust and crud out of equipment before it goes into the
shop or into my house.

This is the type of portable I have. I caught it on sale for $40.
Then the 60 gallon compressor was given to me when a business moved and
it already had a pair of three phase compressors with 120 gallon tanks.

http://www.harborfreight.com/1-3-hp-3-gallon-100-psi-oilless-air-compressor-97080.html