Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Defraggin LInux (was should DIY be a green cause)

On 02/04/16 22:54, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 02/04/16 22:06, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 02/04/16 18:48, Tim Streater wrote:

No it doesn't. It opens a window showing the files on that volume. A
Finder window. The Finder is already running.

How do you know the finder is already running?

It's always running, although there are ways to quit it. It's
straightforward to relaunch it if desired.

I repeat, how do you KNOW its always running?

Rather than just appearing to be running?

1) It wouldn't be marked as running in the Duck.

2) All the volume and file icons on my Desktop would vanish.

3) And I can look in Activity Monitor and see it running.

The only one that actually proves it is 3.

fully understood.