Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Macaw Mr Macaw is offline

Default Working out profit

On Sat, 02 Apr 2016 22:09:50 +0100, ss wrote:

On 02/04/2016 21:58, Rod Speed wrote:
At the moment I am thinking it should be 53% based on cost.

Yes.

Let me elaborate, more as a hobby but I sell some stuff on ebay. I have
done a spreadsheet that works out how much profit I make in £s for each
item, the spreadsheet takes account of all charges and costs giving me a
net profit in £s. This allows me to very quickly to show how much profit
I make in £s.
To update it I thought I will show the profit as a % and thats when I
stumbled thinking should it be on cost or selling price.

It's whatever you want it to be, whatever makes sense to you.

--
Condoms should be used on every conceivable occasion.