Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Shapiro Art Shapiro is offline

Default What Is the Purpose of an Open End "Angle" Wrench?

On 4/1/2016 2:48 PM, Oren wrote:
t places?

Ever use a distributor wrench? https://tinyurl.com/jcz5ogv

The distributor wrench is offset in a different plane from this guy; it
(the distributor wrench) is intended to get underneath something in a
tight environment; my wrench is not contorted in three dimensions.

I think the other responses are spot on - thank you. On closer look,
only one of the open end sides is bent at such an extreme angle, so this
gives a chance to use the extreme or the normal side in situations where
there's only a small amount of room to turn the wrench.

So this guy won't get much use, but again I'm always delighted to find a
Snap-On tool. I have several screwdrivers and heavy pliers among other
Snap-On finds; I assume they bounce out of engine compartments when
careless mechanics are test-driving repaired vehicles. Alas, no
oscilloscopes!