Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Coleman lantern

"FrozenNorth" wrote in message
On 2016-04-01 5:28 PM, notbob wrote:
I jes snagged a used Coleman lantern. It's like new, dual mantles,
and with a doz unused mantles, so I went ahead and bought it for a
measly $5.

Good question, wish I had an answer, I have always used Coleman fuel in
both my Coleman Stove and lantern. That said a can of Coleman fuel is not
that expansive and I can easily get a week or more use out of it for
cooking and light when needed.

I don't have an answer either,but seems the Coleman fuel is very stable. I
have a single burner heating element that the fuel has been in it over 10
years and it still lights and seems to burn ok.