Posted to rec.woodworking
OFWW[_2_] OFWW[_2_] is offline

Default Raspberry Pi Case

On Thu, 31 Mar 2016 15:27:53 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 3/31/2016 1:38 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Thu, 31 Mar 2016 13:25:39 -0500, Swingman wrote:

Been intrigued with the concept behind Raspberry Pi since it first came
out.

Agreed. But I find the Arduinos much more fun. Not a "computer", a
"controller" Bunches of digital and analog I/O, with accessory boards do
do almost anything. Great fun on a model RR, and the robotics people buy
them by the dozen - a clone of the Uno model can be had for less than $10.

Seen the technology and it is also intriguing. Just wonder how TV
streaming from a digital signal to multiple units.

Direct TV does that now, in home. Both audio and TV. It has been
do-able over the Net with multi-casting and for the life of me I don't
know why it was kept so limited. One signal that anyone had hook up to
if they know where it's from. saves a lot of bandwidth instead of one
stream to each individual user.

What I've heard about tasking with both, "If you can describe it with
less than two ‘and’s, get an Arduino. If you need more than two ‘and’s,
get a Raspberry Pi".

What do you think? Thanks.

Like you, I have been considering getting one for a while, and the ver
3 is the hot ticket for wireless robots or whatever.
Put an LED bar in the rear window and send text messages to the
drivers behind you.