Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] cl@isbd.net is offline

Default AAA/AA NiMh battery capacity meter - has anyone seen such a thing?

T i m wrote:
On Fri, 1 Apr 2016 17:00:27 +0100, wrote:

I have lots of AAA and AA NiMh batteries which have been through quite
a lot of discharge/recharge cycles. I have a tester which tells me if
they're charged or not but I'd really like to check their actual
capacity. Some of the AAA ones at least have very little capacity now
but it's difficult to check.

I could rig up a simple resistor discharge with some sort of computer
monitoring via an AtoD interface but surely someone out there must
produce and sell such a thing for not very much.

Has anyone come across anything like this?

Yes, I have exactly that in the form of a x4 x AA or AAA charger,
discharger and capacity tester.

As a rule, whenever I buy new (AA/AAA) rechargeables I run them though
the 'Test' routine and see how they fare against their rated capacity.

I think mine is a 'BC 700' although they may appear under different
names.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/La-Crosse-Te.../dp/B000RSOV50
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tynI28X7M_Y

I think 7DayShop have the Uniross which I believe is the same
hardware. It's much cheaper there, £18.99.

--
Chris Green
·