Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The physics of cars - a question sequence.

In article ,
Roger Mills wrote:
[1] Motor manufacturers do, though - by running the vehicle on a rolling
road and restraining it via a force measuring system attached to the tow
hitch. That's what I did in my Rover Research days, anyway.

And that rolling road - same as an engine test bed - measures torque. It
then calculates the BHP from that. And with most rolling roads adds on a
fiddle factor to give the car owner a nice rosy glow. ;-)

--
*I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.