Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Screw extractor

On 3/31/2016 2:03 PM, philo wrote:
I've used the heating technique successfully many times for slightly
rusted nuts and bolts.

There was one time I had to remove a tire soon after I had a flat fixed.
They *way* over-tightened it so I put a long pipe on the end of my
"four-way" and ended up bending it all to hell.

I took the car back and told them thy put the wheel on too tightly,
then showed them my twisted "four-way" and said: "and I am NOT a weakling."

I later got a much better quality "four-way" my original was kind of a
cheap piece of crap.

Now days I insist they put the lugs on loosely, and
I'll torque them myself. Some garages balk at that
idea, "your wheel will fall off".

I've had some success by using my left foot to push
down on the four way, right (or both) hand to pull
up on the right side.

Also had some success with my HF brand 25 inch breaker
bar, and black impact sockets.

--
..
Christopher A. Young