Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Screw extractor

On Thursday, March 31, 2016 at 1:24:01 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Thu, 31 Mar 2016 16:38:05 +0100, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:

On 3/31/2016 7:36 AM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Thu, 31 Mar 2016 15:34:06 +0100, Colonel Edmund J. Burke
wrote:

On 3/31/2016 7:26 AM, Mr Macaw wrote:
These sound useful, ever used anything like this?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181742384239

Over hear they are called Easy Outs.
I've used 'em in my many handymanish wanderings, so to speak.

Yes, easy out was the first term I heard, a brand name presumably.

Do they actually work?

Sir, pay no heed to these other "fantasy" handymen. I can assure you
they work just fine, but not alone, mind you. One must first create a
depression in the surface of that which is to be extracted, so that the
easy out can burrow deep within and take purchase.

Are you not meant to drill all the way in so the easy out isn't tapping at all?

Depression? You drill a HOLE for the easy out.