Amelia M. Samples

Default Playstation 2 DEAD from cat urine

I love cats...6 of 'em. Now if you have good recipies for gourmet cat
food...

Remove the smirking chimp to reply.

"Peter Lowrie" wrote in message
Amelia M. Samples wrote:

Do you like cat Amelia? We should swap recipes one day. I had a customer

who
once had a mouse nest right on top of the 386 CPU, he asked me if I would
replace it pursuant to the warranty...After he left a blanking plate out.

True - the board I rescued was completely disconnected...my new kitty
decided to use the case for his catbox...(after I had him fixed that

little
problem went away)

"LASERandDVDfan" wrote in message
If
it's been powered up with the deposits though, you're probably SOL.

The thing is it may have been, even when it's off. The PS-2 has a

stand-by
mode it goes into when you turn it "off" using the front panel controls

on
the
right front corner of the console. To turn it off completely, you have

flip
a toggle switch on the back corner of the console. Plus, the system

does
have
internal settings and a clock that are sustained using a CR2032 lithium

cell.
It's more likely that the pee would hit the power supply because the

board
is
located above the vent openings with exception of the rear exhaust fan.

-
Reinhart

--
Peter E. Lowrie