Jason D.

Default CTC 175-A Part Help Needed

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 18:16:59 -0500, "Jonesy" wrote:

george just sand off the coating and resolder if it not broken
"George S" wrote in message

This is degaussing posistor. Yeah they always drop out of that wires
when older and solder joint broke from thermal cyclings.

Those dull grey discs cracks loudly if solder iron is too hot. I use
about 550F, almost barely melts the solder for this job. Use some
flux too. Helps lot for good solder joint along with buffing with fine
sandpaper prior to soldering.

If you do crack it, go to the tv shop and ask for deguassing posistor
for a 20" tv with solder leads. They may sell you one for 5 or 10 or
so. I like those that is dipped in ceramic coating, more durable.

FYI: I saw a new RCA ITC008 chassis, surprised me when TV DEGAUSSED
when I turned it off. Now that is overkill, degaussed twice! Oh,
liked the new design without painful gemstar and simplified signal
routings through ICs, and a small black box for posistor instead of
naked disc. Compare that ITC008 to horrid ATC113 on signal routings.
:-P

Cheers,

Wizard