Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The physics of cars - a question sequence.

On 31/03/16 00:54, Clive George wrote:
In article ,
Clive George wrote:
We're not talking 0-60 times here. Just the best rate of change of
speed.

Ok. Which is achieved with the gear chosen so the engine at its maximum
power, not maximum torque.

You should join Turnip in some basic mechanical theory lessons.

The weird thing is you've just agreed with my statement in your previous
post.

At a given road speed, the maximum rate of change of road speed will
be achieved at the engine's maximum power point. The necessary gear
ratio to achieve this will be determined by the chosen road speed
and the engine's maximum power speed.

is a longer way of saying what I've just said, and you replied saying
"Yes".

Why agree with one yet disagree with the other?

He's a Lefty****.

Its called 'Doublethink' Read your George Orwell, Its all about winning
the (political) argument by holding two completely contradictory notions
in the head simultaneously. Its a form of mental illness that is very
common, and all its victims become Lefty****s.

"The power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind
simultaneously, and accepting both of them... To tell deliberate lies
while genuinely believing in them, to forget any fact that has become
inconvenient, and then, when it becomes necessary again, to draw it back
from oblivion for just as long as it is needed, to deny the existence of
objective reality and all the while to take account of the reality which
one denies €“ all this is indispensably necessary. Even in using the word
doublethink it is necessary to exercise doublethink. For by using the
word one admits that one is tampering with reality; by a fresh act of
doublethink one erases this knowledge; and so on indefinitely, with the
lie always one leap ahead of the truth."

kind word alone.

Al Capone