Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Paintedcow@unlisted.moo is offline

Default (OT) Do all versions of Windows have START HELP?

On Thu, 31 Mar 2016 03:45:54 -0400, Nil
wrote:

On 31 Mar 2016, wrote in alt.home.repair:

Do all versions of Windows have START HELP?

More than once I have run into people who dont know what version
of Windows they have.

I know in Win98, Win2000, and XP, you click the START button, and
choose HELP, and the version pops up. I have not used any Windows
newer than XP.....

Is this the same for Windows Vista, 7, 8, and 10?

For the past several versions of Windows, click on Start | Run (or hit
Windowskey+R) and type in "winver". A box pops up showing the version.

OK, I'm running Win98 right now, and that works in 98 too. But if I go
to control panel and click on SYSTEM, I get more detailed info (It says
Win98 second edition 4.10.2222 A (Not just Windows 98).