Posted to alt.home.repair
itsjoannotjoann itsjoannotjoann is offline

Default (OT) Do all versions of Windows have START HELP?

On Wednesday, March 30, 2016 at 11:43:31 PM UTC-5, wrote:

Do all versions of Windows have START HELP?

More than once I have run into people who dont know what version of
Windows they have.

I know in Win98, Win2000, and XP, you click the START button, and choose
HELP, and the version pops up. I have not used any Windows newer than
XP.....

Is this the same for Windows Vista, 7, 8, and 10?

Yea, I know there are utilities, such as CPU-ID which will also show it,
but I dont carry that util around with me.

It's amazing how many people dont have a clue which OS they are using...

There's several different ways I can find out which system
I'm running. I know I'm running W-10 but I can click on
my Control Panel and within it I can click on Administrative
Tools and it will tell me what I'm running.