Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Why are capstan wheels different size?

wrote:

Y'know, when I was in school they gave me this test. Turns out I was in the 99th percentile in mechanical reasoning.

Only two students in my school system got every question right on
that part of the aptitude tests. Myself, and a girl who like to work on
cars. I also got the top scores in math and science. I only got a 90 for
English. I took every math, science and shop class that they could fit
into my schedule, each year. Several years later I tested out of an
Electronics Engineering school while serving in the U.S. Army. I've
worked with very intelligent people who only finished high school, and
I've had the misfortune of working with those who can pass tests but who
are so @#$%^&* stupid that they set the shop on fire with a soldering
iron.