Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerry[_2_] Gerry[_2_] is offline

Default Gear cutting hob

Thanks for the comments, All. Problem is I do not have the equipment to cut gears of any type. I am trying to cut one or two helical gears from brass or plastic. I don't intend on making other gears so I do not want to spend a bunch of money on an indexing table. I have tried to contact two gear manufacturers but thus far they have not responded to my inquiries. Also, I have been unable to locate another lathe that uses a 7/8"X8TPI leadscrew and a 32 tooth thread dial gear. This is why I asked two specific questions which so far I have been unable to find the answers for. I feel certain that someone here, perhaps a lot of people here can provide the answers. Thanks again, Gerry