Darren Harris

Default Buying Advice Please: Toshiba CF3072B

I have the opportunity to purchase a Toshiba CF3072B TV for $225 from
a repair guy a couple of blocks from me. When I saw the set turned on
in the shop, it seemed to have a good picture, but at the very top
there was a very thin horizontal line of random color. It probably
wouldn't be noticeable under normal circumstances, but it was there
nevertheless.

Can anyone tell me if this is indicative of a major problem in the
TV's immediate future, or does it sound like a simple fix?(The repair
guy said that he could fix it before sale).

More importantly, is it even worth it to buy the set at that
price?(Especially since it has a 30 inch tube).

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.