Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Portable compressed air tank

On Tuesday, March 29, 2016 at 5:35:00 PM UTC-4, Gareth Magennis wrote:

I was a little bit hasty in suggesting a 60 psi spare tyre might be a
solution.
I tried it earlier to realise the valve is just designed for slow filling,
and has a very restricted airflow when deflating.
(Which I knew already but just plain forgot)

Point is, it doesn't take an awful lot of air to blow dust off a heatsink..
I usually brush off what I can before resorting to using my lungs and
blowing off the remaining inaccessible stuff.
Trouble is this always ends up with some in my lungs and nasal passages.

I dunno - VW for years drove their window washing system from the spare tire (anyone else remember those days?). It was always a memory contest to make sure to refill the tire, or be stranded by the side of the road as the air lines often leaked. Tires were not-so-good in those days as well.

If all you need is that one lungful, consider a small portable tankless compressor ($15 at your nearest auto-supply) and a refillable aerosol can. No more than 100psi in most cases, but it would do what you lungs can do. For that matter, you could fill such a can from the tire, a double-schraeder fill fitting is cheap enough to fabricate.

Betcha if you do this, you _will_ wish for more...

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA