Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive George Clive George is offline

Default The physics of cars - a question sequence.

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
You get the best acceleration with the maximum torque*at the wheels*.
And in any given gear, this will be when the engine develops maximum
torque.

In the one sentence is encapsulated Lefty's are inevitably stupid
politics

I'm sure you think that a very pithy comment. Now try it again in English.

'in any given gear' is irrelevant, when you can choose your gear.

Thanks from proving once more you can't follow a discussion.

Let me see if I can put it in terms even you can understand.

Regardless of the gear chosen, the peak acceleration *in that gear* will
occur when the engine is developing peak torque.

Are we still doing this? What you've said there is true, however it is
not the way to accelerate the car the fastest.