Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The physics of cars - a question sequence.

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
You get the best acceleration with the maximum torque*at the wheels*.
And in any given gear, this will be when the engine develops maximum
torque.

In the one sentence is encapsulated Lefty's are inevitably stupid
politics

I'm sure you think that a very pithy comment. Now try it again in English.

'in any given gear' is irrelevant, when you can choose your gear.

Thanks from proving once more you can't follow a discussion.

Let me see if I can put it in terms even you can understand.

Regardless of the gear chosen, the peak acceleration *in that gear* will
occur when the engine is developing peak torque.

Please feel free to say what you don't understand now.

--
*Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.