Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The physics of cars - a question sequence.

Peak torque at the wheels happens when the engine is at peak torque - not
peak BHP, unless the two coincide. Regardless of which gear you choose.

No, it doesn't, because we have a car at speed and a gear box.

No wonder you vote Labia.

Peak torque at the wheels is when the gear ratio is lowest.

If you ignore car speed.

Which is 'as true' as your original fatuous statement

Josef Stalin