Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What's It Gonna Be ? Picture Number 3

That is what I recall, the shipping says 954 ALBronze and I recall the
ampco45 attached to the website. I have enough to have a test piece
and test my skill or lack thereof.

I heard bushing and farm equipment.

Thanks my endmills are new and my dovetail is new. If I don't make them
old in the tests. :-)

Thank you.

Martin

On 3/29/2016 9:20 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Martin Eastburn wrote:
Sounds good - I have .o5 to cut down to. The depth of the cutting
flute on the dovetail will be .025 maybe .03".

I'll have to see how the bronze cuts. If it is like Si-Bronze
it will be nice. If it is abrasion resistant it might be tough.

Like I say, going to be a trip. Hope it ends right without finding
a pro.

Martin

Which alloy is it ? I made some bushings (custom Harley swingarm pivots)
from (IIRC) ampco45 al bronze . Tough stuff , but cuts nicely with sharp
tooling .