Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Roach baits

On 29 Mar 2016 16:26:11 GMT, KenK wrote:

wrote in :

Baits are just some kind of food and boric acid.

Hmm. Then their three month limit as effective baits is just for sales?
They should last almost forever? Or maybe the food they use loses appeal
after three months? Anyone know? (I'm a sucker for following directions.)

I think they assume the food may be gone by then. I doubt roaches care
if it is old, unless you are giving them plenty of fresh food to eat.
Those European and Asian roaches can eat damn near anything. I am not
sure if they communicate enough to avoid baits but I know ants will
quickly figure out what is killing them and stop eating it. I haven't
seen a sugar eating ant here in decades.