LASERandDVDfan

Default Playstation 2 DEAD from cat urine

It's not like we're going to sell this to a customer or send it to
Mars. It's a just a toy that went through an unscheduled urine test.
Shouldn't we at least read the results properly?

Except, it's a toy with a highly complex computer architecture designed into it
with the capability of being upgraded to work with Linux. To give you an idea
about the kind of hardware we're dealing with, take a gander he

http://arrakis.ncsa.uiuc.edu/ps2/index.php

I was surprised myself, but there it is! It just goes to show you just how
complex and capable the PS-2 is, mainly because of the layout of the Emtoin
Engine and its ability to work exclusively in SIMD processing modes.

Anyways, this isn't like pouring cat pee into an electronic talking Barbie
doll. This is more like pouring cat pee into a personal computer. There is
simply more that can go wrong when something like this happens. The fact that
the PS-2 was most likely still connected to the mains and that its BIOS/PS-2 OS
settings are sustained using a CR2032 lithium cell doesn't help matters any. -
Reinhart