Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Roach baits

On 28 Mar 2016 18:02:57 GMT, KenK wrote:

I don't have roaches inside but see a dead one outside once in a great
while. These are always American (large) roaches. So I keep roach baits in
the house - Combat used to be the major manufacturer but now all I see is
Raid brand. They come in two sizes - small (German) roaches or large. I
have a hard time finding those for large roaches but those for small
roaches are usually common.

Last time I needed a fresh supply I couldn't find the large roach size. A
employee (owner I think) of the hardware store I see there most of the time
said either size will work for either roach so I bought the small size.

What's been your experience? The big roaches can get through the smaller
openings into the small baits to eat the poison?

TIA

Never used the products called "roach motels" or such. The small
German roaches are the hardest to get rid of. In high humidity areas
like Florida, you can make something called a "cupcake". A bottle cap
with a dab a strawberry jam, and sprinkled with boric acid. The some
boric around the location for them to cross over. The BA slowly burns
and dehydrates them. They carry is back to their lair, too. You can
also get a "bellow powder duster" that scatters the BA around, in and
behind places they may hide. In a garage or cabinet. Here in the
desert we don't have much of a problem with roaches, so treatment is
less intensive.

_Pesticide Powder Duster_ (Amazon)

https://tinyurl.com/j53mobp