Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default Defraggin LInux (was should DIY be a green cause)

On 28/03/2016 16:54, T i m wrote:
Strange though, in 20+ years supporting many Windows users, I can't
remember anyone (other than a *nix / Apple user) even mentioning, let
alone complaining about them? I mean, they may not understand what
they represent in a technical sense but they generally understand what
they mean to them (in most cases without any instruction).

I have heard complaints/questions.

Starting with "Why can't I use A:?". Having ill-advisedly used A: and/or
B:, "Why doesn't this work right?" (maybe A: and B: don't do odd things
now - they used to).

Going on to "Why is it Z: on that PC but Q: on this one?"

"Where has P: gone?" when the original P: is "over-mapped" by another
drive that wants to be called P:.

"Why can't I use my CD drive since someone set up the network drive as D:?"

--
Rod