Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hillcountrycole@gmail.com is offline

Default THE WEBSITE RECOMMENDED HAS NO CASTERS, JUST A TRICK TO GET U TO LOOK!

On Monday, November 25, 2013 at 3:51:39 PM UTC-6, DerbyDad03 wrote:
The casters in the following pics are from an office chair purchased at
Staples many years ago. The casters are pretty sluggish due to lint and
hair (too many years in my daughters' bedroom). I have tried to clean them
as much as possible with a razor blade and tweezers, but the performance
didn't improve very much.

I tried to pry a wheel off using a small pry bar wedged between the wheel
on the body, but it didn't budge. I used as much force as I felt
comfortable using without breaking something.

The local stores don't seem to carry casters with such a short stem so I'm
trying to clean the casters up before we deliver the chair to my daughter
at college on Wednesday. I might be able to find them online but I wouldn't
get them by Wednesday.

Does anyone know if the wheels can be removed for cleaning? Thanks.

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/q...ps5783a873.jpg

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/q...ps664199f1.jpg