Posted to sci.electronics.repair
T i m T i m is offline

Default 10S Battery Controller Module help please

On Mon, 28 Mar 2016 10:59:19 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 26 Mar 2016 19:06:00 -0500, M Philbrook
wrote:

snip

FWIW, I've just desoldered the legs of the power FETs, tacked short
wires into them and plugged them into my little component tester. I'd
say the results suggest they are ok?

(Looking at the FETs left to right):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ET%20board.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5772409/FET%201.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5772409/FET%202.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5772409/FET%203.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5772409/FET%204.jpg

The 2 nd from the right To-220 looking FET seems to be shorter than the
others. As the back of the FET is the 3 rd leg should it have a wire
connecting to that long pad above it ?

Well spotted (and thanks for looking etc) but for some reason there is
no tag on that FET but the whole back was soldered to what I think is
the ground at the back.

In fact, I desoldered the tag on the right hand FET and the two leads
from the pads but it was still stuck solid. It seems there are two
soldered areas under the FETs, one under the tag and one right
underneath.

Whilst de-soldering the 3rd FET it came off the board completely.

Cheers, T i m