Posted to sci.electronics.repair
T i m T i m is offline

Default 10S Battery Controller Module help please

On Sat, 26 Mar 2016 19:06:00 -0500, M Philbrook
wrote:

snip

FWIW, I've just desoldered the legs of the power FETs, tacked short
wires into them and plugged them into my little component tester. I'd
say the results suggest they are ok?

(Looking at the FETs left to right):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ET%20board.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5772409/FET%201.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5772409/FET%202.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5772409/FET%203.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5772409/FET%204.jpg

That driver board has a lot of bad solder joints on it...

Again, when I de-soldered them they looked ok so it may have just been
a camera thing.

Use loup if you have one put some clean solder on the joints where
the power fets are especially.

Whilst some of the joints look a bit 'iffy' under the loup, I think
they are just that and are making electrical connection. The worst
seem to be post manufacturer 'mods' rather than straight manufacturing
faults.

I have found a generic BMS board on eBay that looks compatible so in
light of the FET test (assuming the test means anything) I might just
give one of those a go.

Cheers, T i m