James Sweet

Default Simple Television Diagnosis

"Magnusfarce" wrote in message
nk.net...
I have a ten year old 27 inch Mitsubishi television set that has developed

problem, and I'm wondering if I can get a quick idea whether I should
consider repair or replacement. Twice now in the last week the bottom

right
corner of the screen, less than a quadrant's worth, has turned purple-ish,
and tonight, the upper right corner turned green as well. Can anyone tell
me if this an obvious picture tube failure or perhaps something simpler?
TIA

- Magnusfarce

Do you have any speakers or other magnets nearby? If it is a problem within
the TV set it's likely that the degaussing circuit has failed, this is
pretty simple for any knowledgeable tech to repair, if the picture is
otherwise decent it's worth fixing IMO, those older Mits sets are pretty
good.