Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Spraying used oil

"Christopher Tidy" wrote in message
Am Samstag, 26. März 2016 19:34:54 UTC+1 schrieb Ignoramus20764:

Hydraulic oil lasts about a year. Used hydraulic oil is nice and
clear, not like black used motor oil. Hydraulic oil also clings
better
and has anti-rust additives that are added to resist internal
hydraulic corrosion.

I also did this with hydraulic oil in the fire extinguisher. I'd say
my coating lasted about two years in rain and sunlight, but it was on
equipment that wasn't moving.

Rust developed on my unpainted bucket loader only where hydraulic oil
leaks washed off the LPS-3.
--jsw