Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim... tim... is offline

Default 53 million Smart Meters?

wrote in message ...
tim... wrote:

On 26/03/16 11:28, tim... wrote:

Telling people that at some random part of the day their electricity
is
going to be cheaper and that they should "look out for it", just aint
gonna work

What is both possible and practical is to key the mains frequency to
the
price, or have some online access to live markets, and then have very
smart appliances that gobble up e,g. freezer power when a gust of wind
hits scotland.

But we need the smart appliances

... but the smart meter is pointless in this case. The information
that "electricity is cheap now" is coming from the electricity
supplier. It can go direct to the appliance. We have this clever
thing called the internet for doing such things.

do "we"?

you may have you fridge connected up to the internet, I do not (and nor do I
want it)

I suspect I am in the set containing the vast majority of punters

tim

--
Chris Green
ยท