Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Spraying used oil

On 3/22/2016 11:40 AM, Cydrome Leader wrote:
Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Steve W." wrote in message
Ignoramus3828 wrote:
I need to spray used oil on a number of truck frames etc.

Or filter it, add it to a turkey fryer and toss a few toilet seal
rings (beeswax) in.

They are softer than paraffin wax and don't crack as much in cold
weather. I brush melted toilet bowl wax onto the ends of cut logs to
reduce splitting as they dry and shrink.

The MSDS data suggests that Thompson's Water Seal and LPS-3 have had
their active preservatives removed and are now just wax in solvent.

What were these additives?

Airplane oil