Posted to uk.d-i-y
hanja hanja is offline

Default 53 million Smart Meters?

"Robin" wrote in message
On 26/03/2016 20:11, hanja wrote:

Smart meters arent about load shedding, they are
about charging a different rate for the power you
use depending on the time of day you use that power.

Is there anything you can't get wrong?

We'll see...

The impact assessment of UK
smart meters devotes a lot of words, figures and references to the
benefits from load shifting as well as time-of-use tariffs; and reflects
such benefits in the costs and benefits.

Load SHIFTING isn't the same thing as load SHEDDING.

I'm not saying I believe all the savings will be realised but at least
they have *not* scored the more optimistic benefits which might come with,
eg, dynamic tariffs, remote control of appliances, and greater use of heat
pumps with storage capacity.